Toons These Days: Ep 9 Toons These Days: Ep 9

I must agree and dis-agree with some of the thoughts in this video.

First of all, I totally, totally agree that Total Drama Island sucks ass. It is by far one of the worst cartoons I have ever seen (next to annoying orange and fr3d). I agree the characters are total cardboard cutouts and easily stereotyped.

I do not agree with, "Go watch a real reality tv show". I think that statement is too general, are you suggesting I watch "Hannah Montanta" or "Survivor"? Should I watch "Jessie" or "Keeping up with the kardashians"? You know what I mean. Personally the reason I watch cartoons is to escape reality, but be sucked back into it. I think total drama island is a failure as a TV show in itself, but of course ignorant children inhale it voraciously.

You know I get it's a bad show, but that's because I was born in the Era of great cartoons, Like Powerpuff Girls, like Ran and Stimpy. Children nowadays are born with these stupid cartoons and grow up believing that's all they can be. I don't think it's ever gonna matter how much anyone criticizes the show. If Cartoon Network, Disney, or Nickelodeon promotes it, it's gonna be popular.

Bass Effect Bass Effect

Not even remotely funny.

I give 2 stars for the animation, but the storyline sucked. It was just random humor and I didn't enjpy it at all. I mean there really is no deeper meaning or story to be learned it's just random, cartoonish animation.

Amnesia: The Dick Decent Amnesia: The Dick Decent

Meh.

I didn't actually find this video overall funny. I mean it was just random stuff that didn't make any sense at all. The animation part was good, but the story line lacked horribly. I didn't like that all the main character did was make weird faces, then laugh when nothing was funny. I didn't think a monster going "fap, fap, fap" was funny. I mean it's more crude then humorous. It felt like the jokes were kind of unoriginal. I mean anyone can make inappropriate jokes.

The audio was excellent. It was clear and easy to hear. The animation was good, but I wasn't a huge fan of the drawing style. Still, I didn't dock points just because it reminds me of other styles. I just would've liked to see something more unique or detailed.

Just a few of my opinions. Can't wait to see more in the future! :)

Fritt the (C) Ferret Fritt the (C) Ferret

Funny

Loved it. Explains SOPA/PIPA and ACTA perfectly.

No Service No Service

It's about time!

I've been getting so sick and tired of all the parodies/really lame humor videos being on the front page. Here is some good quality original work, and it actually made me laugh. Nice job and keep up the good work! :)

WhiteLightning responds:

Thanks so much!

Two-Man Pokemon Collab Two-Man Pokemon Collab

Meh....

It wasn't really my thing. The animation was decent at most, I wouldn't exactly call it front page quality.

My main issue was with the humor. 1. It wasn't funny. 2. It seemed just like a rip off of every really good cartoon ever made combined with pokemon. The humor was good with the original shows but in here it's just average. There's nothing really special about it, it's been done before.

The actual drawings were all right. I mean I can understand if it took a while, but I would rather wait longer and get a good animation than to have you publish it now when it's average.

Overall 4/10 I mean it's good, but not THAT good.

Love on the Cliff Love on the Cliff

I was probably the only one...

I found this video not very funny, but instead deep and meaningful. Being gay doesn't mean there is anyting wrong with you, and if someone if that dad was gonna go so far as to murder his son than he got what was coming to him.

Being gay is not a disease, it's a just a way of life and there is nothing wrong with it.

CooliSushi responds:

Thanks o.o

Mario's Date Mario's Date

HAHAHAHA

*WARNING SPOILER*

I loved this animation so much! At first I thought it was just another lame mario parody, but then when Luigi popped up at the end I was laughing my ass of. Nice work my friend :)

Welcome To Gameshop Welcome To Gameshop

Meh

Might have been my computer, but about half way through the lip syncing came out of sync and the animation started to lag. I still did finish the video but I didn't dock any points for it.

8 because I wasn't impressed by the humor as much as some. I do agree with what your saying, that is is annoying with all the 'product pushing', but after he started swearing crazily I just lost interest.

Swearing doesn't really mean anything except that you don't know any other insults so you just use words that people think have big meaning but they don't.

Art ok, humor allright. 8/10

TOME Episode 02 TOME Episode 02

Animation Good, Storyline Meh

Just like some of the other users I have to agree you really need to work on your storyline. Your animations are amazing, no doubt, but it's hard to understand what's really going on.

Yes we know it's an online game, yes we know there are hackers, but what's their real purpose?

I think the problem if you are spending too much time developing every single character. And although it's nice to have them all you should really focus more on the Protagonist and Antagonist. So far i have no idea who the main character is. You seem to change the perspective with each episode. So it's hard to understand WHO the story is about.

One you list your characters in order of importance decide what each of their roles are. You don't have to explain them all at once, but at least know where you are going.

Make sure each episode revolves around the main character. Even if you throw in a few side notes here and there with other characters it's important to remember who the story is really about. While we do love the side ones they are not usually of overall importance in the whole story.

Then if you do want to add other side stories to help show the characteristics of your side characters then I think it should be done as a separate entry. Like a side story.

I really like TOME, and I really want to see more, but I think it would greatly improve overall if you fixed the storyline. I hope this post helps :)

-Katgal